Friday, November 19, 2010

me and the dragon


As a Bloodsail Admiral I do not find time to visit Gadgetzan, Booty Bay, or Everlook that often, but when I heard the cries for help from the middle of Gadget I raced to the center of town.

I was 100 yards away when I saw the head of giant bronze dragon breathing fire into the various buildings. Goblins, young and old, were being burnt to a crisp. One young dwarf attempted to lure the dragon away, but to no avail...

Another goblin shot off a rocket that exploded into blue flame, but the dragon was not distracted. It seemed that it had one mission to accomplish.

I hopped off my black bear, equipped my axe and ran into town.

It took the dragon a moment to see me. I am quite small, remember? But when he did I thought my life would end...again.

It took a deep breath and blew fire in my direction. I lept out of the way and cast a Death and Decay under his feet. He let out a great howl of pain as I hit him with a powerful Icy Touch.

I knew I was eventually going to have to get in close if I wanted to slay this thing. I looked around and saw all the remaining villagers huddled behind buildings and boxes - looking at me for help.

These are the same people who would attack me if I even set foot near their homes on a regular day. But I didn't want to think about that then.

I sprinted towards the dragon's side and hit him with an unforgiving plague strike.

He then swung his huge arm and slapped me into the side of the Inn. It was then I knew that this fight would not be won so easily...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment