Tuesday, November 23, 2010

tremors


It's difficult to be an optimistic person in my old age. It's even more difficult to find the good in Azeroth when we keep destroying its natural resources. These tremors we've been experiencing lately I think are a result of it. Azeroth is fighting back.

However, I have heard rumors of an old, terrible beast and his impending return. I don't know what to make of that, though. You know how rumors are.

Let me tell you a story about a gnome friend of mine.

When I was a wee lad, a friend of mine trained some baby gorillas to dance. Now, gorillas are much like men so they found dancing to be almost a natural past time and when dressed in little shirts and shorts they looked just like us (er, humans). Everyone loved to watch these gorillas dance until one day, Nelson the Nice (which, how he got this name I'll never understand), was in attendance.


He decided to embarrass my friend. He took from his pocket a handful of nuts and threw them in front of the dancing gorillas. The gorillas at the sight of the nuts forgot their dancing and became (as indeed they were) beasts instead of actors. Pulling off their shirts and tearing at their shorts, they fought with one another for the nuts. The dancing spectacle thus came to an end amidst the laughter and ridicule of the audience.

Why do I tell you this? Not everything that we see is what it appears to be. Yes, a terrible beast could be returning to Azeroth, or the world itself is fighting back. I have a hunch we will soon discover the true cause behind these tremors.

In Life and Death,
Bloodsail Admiral Sokrates

No comments:

Post a Comment